Laser Tattoo Removal
Whether it was a spur of the moment decision when you were younger or simply something you regret – that old tattoo doesn’t have to haunt you forever. The team at Skin Deep Cosmetic Laser Clinic in Lower Hutt offers safe laser tattoo removal to remove your unwanted ink.
Laser tattoo removal is a safe procedure that uses very rapid burst of laser energy to break down the tattoo ink and allow the normal healing process of the body to remove the unwanted pigments of the skin through the phagocytosis process.
Tattoos are designed to be permanent, so clearance may take between 4 and 10 treatments. Factors that influence the number of treatments necessary include skin type, tattoo colours, location on the body, amount of ink and presence of any scarring in the area.
The State of the Art Quanta Q-switched laser for tattoo removal from Italy emits multiple wavelengths to treat almost any type of colour or pigment. Our OPTIBEAM® technology is extremely important for any application where the Q-switched laser is concerned. It assures a perfect flat top beam profile where it is able to distribute the laser power homogeneously and thus reducing side effect and longer healing time.
As with any medical treatment, do not base your decision solely on cost. A low price for ineffective tattoo removal isn’t really a great deal. Or paying for outdated technology that takes many, many more treatments than the newest state-of the-art technology is also not a great deal.
We do however, offer competitive prices while maintaining the highest standards in safety, efficacy,cleanliness and results.
Skin Type – darker skin types require more treatments.
Tattoo Colours – black tattoos are the easiest to remove. Multicoloured tattoos require more treatments.
Location of Tattoo – areas with better circulation, such as the head and neck, require fewer treatments than an extremity such as a hand or finger.
Amount of Ink – measured both by the density of the tattoo and if it was done professionally or not.
Layering – if one tattoo has been covered by another, it will take more treatments to remove.
Presence of Scarring – the presence of a prior scar in the area will increase the number of treatments needed.
- For the first 24 hours: A cold compress is recommended to help reduce possible discomfort and inflammation.
- Avoid for the next 24 hours: Physical activity, hot showers and saunas.
- For 7 days: Apply Laser Aid lotion 3 to 4 times a day to accelerate healing
- Direct sun exposure, hot tubs, pool water and salt water is to be avoided 1 to 2 weeks or until the tattoo is totally healed.
- Keep the treated area clean and dry while it is healing. Clean the area with antibacterial soap if needed and then pat the area dry. Avoid high pressure water hitting the treated area.
- Some scabbing, blistering, light bleeding and itching may occur. Immediately after treatment, there may be erythema (redness) and edema (swelling) at the treatment site. This usually lasts 2 hours or longer. The erythema may last up to 10 days.
- Do not pop blisters.
- Do not pick at the scab or allow the skin to become scraped, as this may result in infection and scarring. Shaving should be avoided in the treated area until it is completely healed.
- You can apply a topical antibiotic to prevent or treat any skin infection.